Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Whew...What A Month!

We started the month off with a Bang! On the 6th Luke turned 3 years old! His NaNa and Aunt KK and Mike came to visit and we had a fun Birthday party here at the house. This was the first time that he really understood what a birthday is and I think he really enjoyed feeling so special for the day.

Here is my sweet baby at his 1st birthday party. He really wasn't very crazy about all the attention...

And here is the 3 year old wearing the Super Man pj's he got for his birthday. He found those little office clips and started fastening them to his shirt and refused to take them off for the picture!
Will did a little traveling the next week and then the week after that we all went to Dallas for a training class that Will had to go to. That was quite an adventure. Luke went to stay with his Mimi and Pa (Will's grandparents) and had a great time. Meanwhile, Cole and I got stuck at the hotel because the oil light came on in my car. Not knowing what was wrong and not being in a place where he could check it out, Will said it was best not to drive it. The first day we rented a car and went to visit Mama Lou (my grandma). The second day, the boys and I had to return the car and check out of the hotel and wait for Stephan (Will's brother) to come get us with our truck and trailor so we could haul our car back home. So we walked around the hotel lobby for about an hour in the middle of some kind of furry people convention. Grown-ups dressed in furry animal costumes getting out of their cars and checking into the hotel- but that's a whole different blog there.
Here is one of the boys I took one morning while they were being espcially cute!
I still cant get Cole to smile for pictures very often.
This last week, Will's mom came for a visit. It was so nice for me having someone here to visit with and help out with the boys. We really had a lot of fun. Then I had my 28th birthday on the 26th. Since Marnie was here I was able to out to lunch with some friends all by myself! That was a real treat.
And just for kicks, (I'm sure no one cares but me) here are more comparison pictues of Luke and Cole...

Luke at 5 months...(and Winchester at 7 weeks)



And, my big boy at 5 months...
Cole had is well check- up on Friday. He weighs 18 lbs 8 oz and is 27.5 inches long. He is in the 87th percentile for weight and 95th for length! The doctor said he looks good and healthy. He is rolling over both ways and really cooing and smiling and laughing a lot. He is on the verge of sitting on his own. He sort of leans forward and uses his arms to hold himself up and will keep that up for a minute before slowly leaning to the side and falling over!




1 comment:

Janette said...

Wow, Cole looks so much bigger at 5 months than Luke did! :) And he's definitely bigger than Karys...by about 3 pounds, and 1 1/4 inches!! :) I love Luke's binder clips picture...I was thinking maybe he was going to use them to fasten a cape to himself!!