Thursday, May 28, 2009

Body-Builder Baby

No crawling yet. Not even an army crawl. He just sits around playing with whatever toy is near-by and gives a little fuss when he wants his brother to bring him something new. I was starting to think that Cole was going to be my lazy boy. Then he started this...
The first time I saw him do it I thought "he is about to get on his hands and knees", but then he never bent his knees. He just held this push-up position for about 10 seconds, laid back down on the floor and then immediately did a second push-up. Now, when he is on his tummy he will pretty much always do one or two of these. I guess he decided it was time to do something about that extra chin and oversized cheeks! Granted, they are the girl-style push-ups. Give him time, he is only 8 months!


Here is a good close-up of a before picture of the cheeks and chin. I'll post an after picture once he has a more regimented workout plan going: )
Notice the drool on the shirt. It is a constant thing these days since we are now working on tooth #3. He already has the two bottom ones and the first top one just broke through this week. This one must be a tough one because he has been extra fussy.

Kicking back for an afternoon movie. These boys really love each other! It brings joy to my heart: )


5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Your boys are so cute! That is too funny about the push ups.

Jaime said...

Oh, my goodness, I love all three pictures! So fun! I especially like the last one with the boys lounging on each other.

Your whole post made me smile! :-)

Kristen said...

Love it! What a crack up that he does push ups...he's getting down to business! That's so sweet that your boys cuddle like that.

hangnwjesus said...

that first picture is hilarious!!

Sarah

Josie said...

cute close-up pic of Cole.