Monday, July 28, 2008

Licking The Pan

Don't we all want to do this sometimes...


We made cinnamon rolls for breakfast a few weeks ago-the kind with the cream cheese icing you melt on top. Will handed Luke the empty pan and let him go to town. I just thought I needed to share!
We had a fairly uneventful week last week. We started Luke in swimming lessons and I think the best way to describe the first few lessons would be- frustrating. Luke is very independent in the water and doesnt really want to be told or shown how to do something, he just wants to go swim with no one holding on to him even though he goes under over and over. He thinks it's pretty fun to go under! We actually missed the last 2 lessons because I caught his cold from the week before and his cough seemed to come back a little. The lessons continue this week and today actually seemed a little more productive.
On Friday I went on an overnight shopping trip with 4 girlfriends Josie, Jaime, Christy and Valerie. We stayed in a hotel that Josie's husband let us use his hotel reward points to pay for (thanks Joe!) and then we split the gas money so it was fairly inexpensive. We had a great time and did get lots of shopping in. Jaime (whose Rhino Ramblings link is on my page but I dont know how to do the link thing on here) described the trip in a far more organized fashion than I could, so you can go there if you want more details!
So, now things around here are business as usual. Im feeling good and baby Cole (Cold as Luke calls him) is as active as ever. I had a sonogram last week and the tech showed me that he already has some hair we could see on the back of his head down by his neck. She also said he has really chubby cheeks! Sounds more and more like he is going to look like his big brother did. Luke had so much hair he looked like a miniature man!
Goodbye for now... Im getting a craving for cinnamon rolls!

2 comments:

Josie said...

Love the new header. It looks great!!

Jaime said...

I love your new header! (just like Josie just said, I see) I usually read blogs on bloglines, so I hadn't seen it yet! I love the "in the news" part. Perfect! :-)