Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Progress

Yesterday I had my 35 week check-up with my doctor. She checked me and said that I am already dialated to 3cm! I had been feeling quite a bit of discomfort the week before so it may have been because of that. She also said that I am about 50% effaced and that the baby is at a -2 station, though she said these two things dont really mean that much if its not your first baby. She told me she felt the baby's head and right when she said that I felt him move! She said as soon as she touched his head he popped back up away from her! I asked her if I should maybe expect him to come early and she said "no, you could easily stay here for weeks". Im still a little skeptical though. With Luke I progressed steadily each week, dialating to a 3 at 39 weeks and then I was at the hospital in labor at 40 weeks. So, Im not going to expect him early but I am preparing myself- just in case! She said everything else looked great. Im feeling ok except that Im not sleeping that well. My back seems to hurt every night, no matter what position I try. My blood pressure is still very low- 90/50 so I guess Im handling the stress ok! Im due back next Monday so I will update more then.

1 comment:

Janette said...

Okay, obviously I don't know about 2nd babies, but how could you be at 3 cm and go all the way to 40 weeks?? That just doesn't seem possible. I predict an early baby!! :) So yay for you!