Thursday, January 15, 2009

Compare and Contrast

I have just been looking back and forth at Luke's baby pictures and pictures of Cole. I thought I would post some and see what you guys think...

Here is Luke at 3 months...

And Cole at 3 months...
The likeness is there but Cole is definitely developing his own unique characteristics. Of course the XXL cheeks help in that department!
He is now 3 1/2 months old and doing all of the fun things that a baby his age should be doing. I remember things getting really fun at this stage with Luke and it seems to be the same way with Cole. He laughs and smiles at every face that comes into his view. He will spend and hour on the floor talking to the ceiling fan! We started some cereal this week and Im hoping that helps tide him over for the night time because this baby likes to eat AT LEAST every 3 hours (see the chubby cheeks in above picture!) We have gotten down to only 2 feedings at night but Im pushing for only one, in the early morning hours preferably. He is pushing 17 lbs now, which means he has doubled his birth weight and he just rolled over yesterday from his tummy to his back for the first time.
Luke is the sweetest big brother and is really getting to be a help to me. The other day I was doing dishes while Cole was in his swing and started getting fussy. Luke was playing in the other room and I started to call him and ask him to give Cole his "plug". Before I could finish my sentence, Luke came running through the kitchen yelling "I got his plug!" and went to give it to him. When Cole is on the floor, Luke lays there with him talking to him and hugging on him. Im really enjoying this time with them together. I know it will be over all to quickly and they will be fighting all the time!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How sweet of Luke!

They do look a lot more alike than I realized!

Sarah

Candi said...

Cole is so adorable. I can't wait to meet him.

Mommy Lion said...

Yeah, there will be no doubt they are brothers! But wow, those cheeks are something to write about! *smile*