Sunday, May 11, 2008

Everyone Else Is Doing It

So it seems that everyone of my friends has a blog and I have been the odd ball out. After much thought and deliberation I have made the decision to start my own. I hope that this blog will serve only to be a source of enjoyment and not frustration as I have a tendency to procrastinate and get behind on these sort of things. With that said, I give you my first post...

Today is Mother's Day and even though this is my 3rd one as a Mom it still feels new to me. Even though Im expecting my second baby I dont really feel like an experienced Mother. And even though I look at my baby everyday and realize again and again that he is not really a baby anymore I still, in some ways, feel like that brand new Mom bringing him home from the hospital. So now Im wondering, when do you start to feel like one of those seasoned Moms who has it all down?

Luke woke up this morning at about 6:30 but Will took him in the other room and closed the door and let me sleep. I slept until about 8:30 and then got up to take a shower and get ready for church. When I came into the kitchen Will had made breakfast and the table was set with drinks poured and everything. It was very sweet and I felt appreciated and loved. At church I stood with all the other mothers again thinking that this still feels so new to me. After church Luke took a very long nap and we ate lunch while he was asleep. When he woke up I made him a lunch and we took it outside to visit with Will who was working on some finishing touches to the playhouse. As I watched Luke play I thought about how different life is now than it was 4 years ago. Even though I was very happy then, it doesnt even compare to the fulfillment I get from watching him grow every day and I really cant remember what life was like without him. I guess I was always meant to be a Mother, I was just waiting for my baby to get here.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Welcome to the bloggy world! :-)

You're a great mom and I agree, that's probably what you were always meant to be!

Mommy Lion said...

TaDa! Now wasn't that easy! I'm so glad you are blogging now. I don't know that you ever feel experienced. And thankfully there will always be someone a step ahead to help and encourage you through the next stage!
We are looking forward to that second Nelle!

Heather said...

Great first post!!! I must warn, this whole blogging thing can be a bit addictive.

Rachel said...

What a sweet day! I'm glad you enjoyed Sunday, but most important, I'm glad you love being a mom!

Welcome to blogging. :c)

Josie said...

Welcome to blogging. Let me tell you will get addicted.lol.I agree with Christy-I don't think you ever feel experienced they always will challenge you with something new but its nice to know that you have lots of caring friends and family to help you.