Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Must Be A Boy Thing

This week has gotten off to a slow start. I guess it feels that way because we have been unusually busy in the previous weeks. Yesterday we ran a few errands but then spent most of the day at home. Today Luke went to Mother's Day Out and I went grocery shopping after dropping him off. Then I came home and did some laundry and a few other things around the house. I did take some time to just relax and enjoy the quiet for a while though. After picking Luke up from MDO we came back to the house and I stopped to check the mail as we were driving in. When we came in, he and I both sat down to look through all the mail. He was mostly interested in the Lifeway flyer that had Bob and Larry (VeggieTales) on the front, but then he picked up the Volkswagen car bill that was still in the plain white envelope and said "Mommy's car". Very surprised, I looked at him and asked "Where did you see mommy's car?" To my amazement, he pointed to the VW emblem in the top corner of the envelope! Now, I could see him noticing the color, size or even shape of my car, but the VW emblem... That definitely has to be a Boy thing!

2 comments:

Mommy Lion said...

They never cease to amaze do they!
I can remember Little Lion telling me that Pop works for "AT&T your world delivered". It's so sad that our minds seem to shrink with age! ;O)

Rachel said...

That's so cute! Boys really are different, aren't they?