Saturday, June 28, 2008

Potty Training

Thought I would post a picture first...

I think this one is funny. Plus its a good tummy shot for those of you who havent seen me in a while!


Luke and I spent the better part of this week at home potty training. I think I gave up at least once a day and then quickly decided to stick it out and keep at it! We started on Tuesday using what I like to call the "Jump Right In" method. I had been telling him for days that he was going to stop using diapers and only wear big boy underwear which meant he would need to go on the potty like other big boys. He seemed pretty excited about this. So thats what we did and he went through 8 pair of underwear that first day and only used the potty once! I did put a diaper on him at nap time which he kept dry, so there was some hope!


On Wednesday morning he woke up dry and I think he only went through 3 pair of underwear and used the potty twice. A little improvement. Thursday was a great day! He used one pair of underwear all day and only had 2 accidents. Friday was about the same and he actually looked down with surprise twice when he needed to go but before he actually did go so that I knew to take him. So far today we have had no accidents and he is napping right now. Though I know we have a ways to go before I can feel really comfortable with him, Im very proud of the progress he has made. He seems proud of himself too. Every once in a while he gets upset and doesnt want to go sit on the potty and one day he was so fed up he kept asking me to put a diaper on him! But when he does go he gets very excited, especially when he gets some M&Ms afterward!


We leave tomorrow for our last family trip for a while. We are going to a lake cabin with the other side of Will's family until Thursday. It should be fun and relaxing. After that Luke is going home with Will's parents for about a week. Im looking forward to all the free time I will have to myself and I have lots of plans for getting things ready for Cole. Im a little nervous about being away from him for that long though. I know I will be missing him like crazy! He of course, will have a great time with Mammie and Jagen and probably wont even want to come home:-)



4 comments:

Janette said...

Yay for you! Don't give up...he'll get it. :)

Rachel said...

Merrisa, you look so cute! Love the baby belly!
I'm wondering when to potty train Violet. I don't want to do it too late, but I'm not sure where to start either. I like your "jump right in" method... it's working!

Josie said...

He is doing so good. It seems hard at first but it does get much easier. See you when you get back.

Jaime said...

Yay, Luke! And, yay, Mommy! I'm all for the "jump right in method", too. :-)

I hope he does well on vacation! I hope you enjoy your free time, too! It might be a long time before you have that again, once little Cole gets here. :-)