Monday, June 2, 2008

Still Alive

I know its been a while but I promise Im still alive! I have been waiting until I could post some pictures along with this but for various reasons that is not working out so they will have to come later. We got back in town on Friday evening after a long but exciting week away. Last Saturday we met Will's parents in Dallas to hand Luke off to them. They took him home to San Angelo with them. Then, Will and I flew out Sunday morning for San Francisco. Will needed to go for work and decided it would be a nice surprise to take me along as well for our anniversary. He had saved up frequent flyer miles and hotel points so we didnt have to pay a lot extra for me to come. It was only 10:30 am when we got there(they are 2 hours behind us here) so we had lots of time that day for exploring the downtown area where our hotel was. We went to Fisherman's Wharf and walked along all the touristy piers. We could see Alcatraz from there. There was one pier where all these sea lions come and sleep on the docks and just pile on top of each other making all kinds of noise! We were so tired that night from all the walking we did that we just ordered pizza in our hotel room.

On Monday, we got up early after going to bed at 8:00 the night before (which really felt like 10 to us), and headed to Muir Woods National Monument. Its part of the Redwood Forrest. We roamed around there for probably 2 1/2 hours and took lots of pictures. It was very pretty. Then we drove up the coast and got out at one of the beaches to walk around. I took my shoes off and walked in the water-it was freezing. That afternoon we went for several rides around town on the cable cars and historic street cars which are electric. We also went to the Cable Car Museum which was probably Will's favorite thing. They let you see the big wheels that run the cables that are underground all over downtown. This is what the cable cars grab onto to carry them around.

On Tuesday we drove down the coastal highway to Monterrey. The highway runs right along the coastline and was really beautiful. We saw a couple lighthouses and some people surfing (in wet suits of course). We went to the Monterrey Bay Aquarium which was probably my favorite thing. They had huge tanks with severaly kinds of sharks, and other kinds of big fish. I never knew tuna fish were like 200-250 lbs.

On Wednesday Will dropped me off at the airport and I flew back to Dallas by myself with a lay-over in Denver. Will had to stay to get his work done. My sister had driven with Luke to my Grandma's house in Bedford so I met them there. I was so excited to see Luke and he seemed at least semi-happy to see me. He had a great time with Mammie and Jagen and playing with his cousin Layne! We went to a small water park on Thursday that we all really enjoyed and then picked Will up at the airport on Friday and headed home.
Whew, what a long week (and post, sorry) but it was lots of fun.

1 comment:

Mommy Lion said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun! We visited San Fran before kids one year for our anniversary. Lots to do and see . . .